Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inaugeration & Jubilation for Obama!

What a momentous day today- We (some of us) were able to watch the swearing in on tv...I'm sure our emotions matched the entire world! What a pleasure to listen to an entire speech -so elequantly spoken and without a single gw-goof up! Offering Hope to those who will unclench their fists! The first meeting this morning the Haitian staff offered thanks that we were there in their country helping on such a marvelous day for our country. They are extremely excited for the US and historical significance of this day. It is kind of ironic that I was in Haiti on election day and again on this occasion.
Today has been a mixture of meetings with the staff and board members, team meetings etc. with more to come tomorrow.
I'm going on an outing with Mr. Graham, the property manager of the grounds here where I stay so I'll report on that tomorrow. I've been invited to join different team members going to the DR next week for an International Orthotics and Prosthetics conference- I'll have to think about that but it would be interesting to travel there and increase my 'network'- or at least add to my experience and adventure. I would also get to see some friends from former teams- Cate and Colleen.
Today I was sitting in my usual place under a tree and a pretty big gecko fell onto my laptop- I was a bit startled and then it started running all over me before he got off and up into the tree....I thought he was going to get stuck in my shirt- I probably would have lost it...or my computer.It actually scared me more than the catfight in the dark right next to me. Speaking of geckos, my 2 little friends came out last night and each caught a moth- very impressive!!! It definately was a full meal as they did not come out again for the tiny bugs. What a Day!

No comments: