Friday, January 23, 2009

Evolution of life...

It was a little hard to get up this morning after 3 hours of sleep but most of the team managed to even look alert...
A few people met with the Ministry of Health today to attempt to get started with the new HHH Rehab Insitute of Haiti or whatever the name will be in the end with the hope that things can begin next year. The minister asked if March was soon enough.....of this year! So hopefully, while I am here I will be seeing some work starting to take place on the grounds.
I got a new lock on door- the old one would unlock at the thought of a key, didn't actually need to use it. I wasn't really too concerned but for the sake of my ipod, thought I should have some security.
Tonight we all went to the Montana Hotel for the 'team' dinner- The team of about 20 plus guests made us a group of at least 30 I think - It took over 3 hours for us all to get our dinners. Food was good - I had smoked salmon /toast and the special fettacine alfredo- not sure I spelled that correctly but it was made with speghetti with shrimp.
We got home about 11 and Shaun and Bob made some watermelon rum punch and we are sitting around discussing philosophy....of life.

No comments: