Friday, January 16, 2009

Friday Night Lights

ok so I'd like to think my little goats were taken to some nice green grass to fatten and grow a little more- at any rate they are no longer tied below my room. So despite the fact that I like goat meat, I'm a little sad about them.

Which brings me to dinner....I had lambi (not lamb) stew, pasta (mac and cheese) vegies and sweet banana's in a sauce that very well could be sweetened condensed milk with raisens and marichino cherries for presentation. Lambi is conch, a little chewy but as long as I don't think about where it comes from, I like it too. I'm pretty good about not thinking about where my food comes from...

I spent most of my day doing computer work/ team planning / emails/ cleaning and sorting email on my computer so that I can find the ones I need to refer to- I'm still working on organizing everything.

During supper I was watching Joel and another guy finish repairing van- and replacing wheels and they took off so it must be fixed. The security guard was playing cards with someone while the gatekeeper watch. I don't know what game but he was quite forcefully throwing down his card during his turn.

Johnny -Jean worked very hard today preparing the grounds for the teams arrival. The pool is cleaned, bushes/ trees/ plants trimmed. He is a hard worker. Every morning I wake up to swishing sounds- he is usually out sweeping the fallen leaves and fruit from the grounds. Sometimes I think he has prepared my breakfast. He tests my creole each morning and plans that I should be fluent before I leave. Berny in the pharmacy also expects that I should be as well and thinks if I begin to think in creole, I should learn faster. Can someone tell me how to do that?
The neighborhood is very quite tonight, its quite dark and the air quite comfortable. Last night about 10 we even had a bit of rain for and hour or so. The electricity is out again- nearly every night is goes out. It didn't come on until about 5:30 or 6 this morning.
I think that doesn't bode well for me watching some of the inaugeration on TV..Its a good thing to appreciate- electricity and being able to turn on a spigot and get hot water for a shower.

I will attempt to post some picture tonight on this site...

No comments: