Saturday, March 7, 2009

Happy Birthday Day....

Well the team from Utah arrived about 123o with 23 people and many many bags of luggage. They spent a couple hours organizing some of their stuff in preparation of the week ahead and the spent some time relaxing and enjoying the pool.
One of the gals brought me peanutbutter cups and a candy bar and they sang happy birthday to me! Then my family called and I enjoyed 'reading' some e-cards this evening. I've heard rumor of a birthday cake...

The party last night was fun but also Funny.. They told me the party was at 6...but no one began arriving before 6:45 and then only a few...by 7:45 quite a few more - A troubador band was playing and finally at 8:40 the food- Pork, goat, bbq chicken, piklis, banan, pasta salad was served. By 9 the food was gone, the beer was gone, the rum was gone and by 9:30 most of the guests were gone. By 10...all was quiet! crazy!

The pictures of the rain are difficult to really get a feeling of how much rain was coming down...but in about 5 minutes it had filled up the 1-2 inch cracks between the bricks and above.
The clothes we spread out all over the place to dry...I fortunately did not have to wash them in a river and don't have a river bank of rocks to lay them on but we found every chair, table, cardboard to lay them out on. .

Time for dinner...

No comments: