Thursday, March 12, 2009

Comment from Portugal!

I don't have too much to say today...we are just preparing for the next team to arrive as soon as this team leaves. Our internet is down and out at the guesthouse for some reason and Jimmy, the internet fixer is away due to his mother passing away. I am able to connect to internet in the office but after office ours will not have access unless I can link up out by the pool.

Yesterday we had a rousing game of pool volleyball- 2 vs 2.. my team won, I'm pretty sure of it.

Tonight is RAM night at the Oloffson so we will have a late night/ early morning day! On Saturday we will go to Indigo Beach and on Sunday the plan is to visit Hospital Albert Schweitzer. There is a book out called Song of Haiti (an old book) that gives the history of it. I'm looking forward to visiting it and seeing my friend Shaun as well.

One year ago when this Utah team was here, a woman that lived near here or worked here- I'm not clear on that part went into labor- her baby was born - I think in my room/ bed. The very beautiful boy from the pictures taken with in minutes of his birth. He was named Richard after the Dr. that was on the team. Today he came for a visit...a pretty healthy looking one year old to see the nurses and dr. that were present for his birthday. That was a cool story for HHH.

I wanted to mention I had the first comment to my blog site since I started writing it and it came from Portugal! I can't even imagine how he found the site but I think its very cool that he left a comment!

No comments: