Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A day in the life....

Its been a busy few days since I last wrote...meetings with the new Operations Manager from US and here, assisting the team with their logistics and I was hoping to get out to the orphanages with them as well but there hasn't been time. We were going to try to do the Water Truck visit today but with only one vehicle working we couldn't make it work. Kevin came over and visited, had dinner and 3 stitches removed from his head. He will have to return to Minnesota before tax day to get those done and do some work before he returns again to Haiti. I'd like to make another water truck run before he leaves but we'll see.
I'm planning a trip to Les Cayes and Ile a Vache with Ewald this weekend. Team Canada has given me a job to assess needs at the orphanage run by Sister Flora. It should be pretty fun.

We are going to hear RAM tomorrow night at the Oloffson and this team will leave Friday morning for a (5 hour) trip to Port Salut. It is at least an hours drive beyond Les Cayes. Cyril came by this evening to give them the information- I haven't seen him since Portland team was here. They will return Sunday to pack and prepare for Mondays departure.


We've had rain almost every evening even if just a few minutes but today was quite hot and a beautiful evening..Everyone has commented on how nice the weather has been.

I must get back to finish my work emails...or get ready for bed.

No comments: