Saturday, February 7, 2009

Cool River, pigs and the Mayor's office

The mayors office
The van broke down on the way home near a large family of pigs...
I asked Joel if I could take it home for a pet and he said I'd get arrested for stealing. How do you know who the pigs belong to? They know is the answer.
I continue to search for the perfect taptap bus design.
I saw Obama on one but couldn't get a picture. I'll see it again. This is Che Guevara - I've seen his picture depicted on walls, paintings and the buses along with Marley and Michael Jordon & Iverson(Nuggets), Sylvestor Stallone and Chuck Norris.
Quite proudly Sister Teresa wears her new 'Hat' after the team emptied a bag of toys and clothes.
The orange hair is an indication of malnutrition- often seen in small children and babies.
2 very sweet little girls
An adult w/ch was adapted using a car seat for a little boy that couldn't walk. His mama carried him everywhere. Hopefully, this will ease her burden and he can 'grow' into the wheelchair. Pediatric w/chairs are scarce.
On the road to Cool River Orphanage.
Homes stacked up the side of a hill...









No comments: