Thursday, February 12, 2009

Christmas Day

I felt like a kid on Christmas morning...I wanted to leave at 9:30 to go to the airport to get my team. You can imagine how I was feeling at 1035 and we still hadn't left. Then Delmas was blocked and we had to detour and the traffic was bad. Of course even when the plane is on time, it takes time to collect bags and get through customs so even by arriving at 11:15 we weren't late. Even taking another route home, traffic was slow and we no more got unloaded and I made the trip again. Only this time we had to way for the girls to get their luggage - it was almost 2 by the time we got them loaded.
After a quick tour of the clinic, we spend a couple of hours sorting supplies before supper and after supper, more preparation for a full work day. a little rum punch, a visit to the castle and a dip in the pool and I think everyone is ready to call it a day.
Melissa brought me an early birthday gift from my friends at work- Diane painted me a beautiful picture and I feel honored to receive it. The other is a book of pictures and wishes and I'm going to end this blog now and read it. Thank you PARC family for your support and love and good wishes. You give me strength!

No comments: