Monday, June 15, 2009

This is going to be hard....

Saying good bye to someone you see often isn't hard. Saying good bye to someone you don't see often is a little harder....saying good bye tomorrow and wednesday...well, its going to be hard even as I know I will be back.

I'm trying to decide what to focus on...today its been what I won't miss...
(trying to keep it light) but I won't miss those disrespectful stealth mosquitos, the giant crickets that sound like they belong in the Steven Speilburg Dinosaur movie (I haven't actually seen one because I would know if I did because they are so loud, they must be very large). I won't miss the internet here...and if anyone complains about it at home, I will have some thoughts for them.
I probably won't miss the rain because we usually have our share in Portland...its just different here. The humidity....will have reminders of it in Portland for sure.
I won't miss the food for awhile....but hoping we can have a Haitian dinner fund raiser later this summer.
I won't miss the short days...its dark by 6:30 pm and I enjoy the long summer days in Portland...there are never enough of them.

Its not much of a list and nothing very important in the scheme of things.
Not much of a list to keep me away....

No comments: