Saturday, June 13, 2009

Good Bye Party

So I began suspecting something was going on when I went to beg for a patay for lunch and on the stove was a huge pot of chicken parts cooking. When questioned, it was all very vague with rapid fire creole....then people in the office were 'talking' around me so to speak. Rachelle came to my room before she left to say goodbye....sorry she couldn't stay longer but lived a long ways away. Then Soeurette came and said I need you upstairs now...everyone was so happy that they kept the party a secret for me to have a big surprise! About 40 people came including members of the Haitian board. It was very touching and everyone of them thanked me for being here, to help HHH and to help the Haitians. Everyone enjoyed the music, the food, and the prestige. Antonio said its good he's not in kidnapping business as he would like to keep me here longer....but knows its time to see my family. It was a nice way to start my last weekend in Haiti....
I'll do a little packing today...see how I can manage to fit everything into 2 bags or see what I can leave behind...George wants my camera so I may just give it to him. He is the man in the apartment that had a stroke. I think I wrote about him. Tomorrow I may go to the beach with Celine. She is back from Miami.
Just a few days to make more memories....


Prepping for party...








Haitian board members






some of the guys hanging out...






Kattia, Felonette, Daniella, Mme Justine, Yolie
and Michaelle





Centerpiece






Troubadou Band











Antonio and myself with Shirley (board member)








Soeurette and me








Me with Mme. Justine and Lucienne







No comments: