Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The rest of the family...

Lest you think I only have two kids in my family, I will have to finish the story....
Laddie, my husband of 26 years is a boyscout executive and obviously kind enough, supportive enough, loving enough to allow me to have this experience- knowing how much my work on behalf of Healing Hands for Haiti has become such a part of who I have become. He has managed the household, the dogs, his own work and been the main support for our children- even though they are adults now. He too does much work in the community on behalf of the scouts, he delivers meals on wheels, provides meals at Ronald McDonald and doesn't say no to often to any request.

Danny is the baby in the family and is now 21...not much of a baby anymore. He is a strong athletic guy- he plays basketball every Sunday night for a rec league (has BUCK tattooed on his back in case he gets into a shirts and skins game, he can be on the skins team) and works in a shoe store. He is still trying to figure out where he wants to go in this world but I've no doubt one day he'll find his way.... He is funny, drives his sister crazy sometimes...& doesn't sing very well. But there is no doubt that he loves his family and friends.

So to my family, my friends and co workers and all of those who have supported me, written to me and have missed me, your love and kindness can never be repaid, will never be forgotten and is forever appreciated.

No comments: