Thursday, May 14, 2009

Wait 5 minutes....

I've heard people in Portland say wait 5 minutes the weather will change...well its been very true here today. The Utah team arrived to a beautiful warm day, soon growing hot just in the few minutes of greeting and intros...Everyone found their rooms and got a sandwich. The clouds and thunder rolled in and soon followed with just enough rain to cool us off. We had our clinic tour and Jan took everyone on a tour of the property and old house we call the castle. (Since I don't think I've mentioned the castle before I will write about it another day and take some pictures).
Anyway soon the sun was its usual sparkling -or should I say sparking hot self...for about 30 minutes. A few clouds came in with the breezes but rolled on north. A very pleasant cool evening without further rain or thunder. After supper, they sorted and repacked their 4o or so bags according to places they will work at the next 10 days, including Jacmel on Saturday. Everyone seems settled in tonight, ready to do some good work...I'm ready for bed myself.

No comments: