Thursday, February 11, 2010

Back in Port au Prince

We finished our work in Fond des Blancs st Bonaface Hospital about noon, had a bite to eat and caught our ambulance ride back to Port au Prince we arrived at the outskirst of downtown about 4:30 pm and our driver decided he did not want to be sitting in traffic so turned on the siren and away we went dodging in / out of traffic like mad dogs. I was holding 2 dozen eggs on my lap and bounced off the seat...landing on back packs and legs but didn't break any eggs..

Arrived back at property with a few noted changes. The drive way was cleared. Water pipes repaired in road. Saw city power on as well. Cosmetic work started in guesthouse. Most of team left today - well their flight is supposed to leave at midnight tonight. There is 6 of us here until Wednesday when 5 will leave and I will wait for my team to arrive on Friday and saturday.

well I think I better take a shower or i will get voted off this island.
maybe tomorrow I will tell some of the stories....

1 comment:

Lorie H said...

Gail
I was gone for the week-end and just checked in to see what I could find out. Happy to see you are blogging again. Thank you for the work you are all doing and the time and love you are giving. I think of you and pray for you every day.
Your buddy,
Lorie